Tests réalisés par AntennaSys :
- Gripping the Naked iPhone 4 certainly had a strong negative effect on the data rates, both upload and download.
- The effect of the grips on the iPhone 3G is much smaller. But, the Full-Grip still reduces the data rate on upload.
- Use of the Apple « Bumpers » has a very positive effect on performance. It mitigates much of the effect of the grips at our signal strength level.
- The iPhone 4 data rates still beat the iPhone 3G data rates under all grip conditions.
- There was a large spread in the data during the Full-Grip, in both upload and download. This highlights the sensitivity of the antenna design to direct contact by the hand.
iPhone 4 Meets The GripOfDeathInator
By Spencer Webb and Steve Golson